Zucchini Crust Pizza
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (or pattypan)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, julienned
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan
In a bowl, combine zucchini and egg. Add flour and salt and stir well. Spread over bottom of a 12 inch greased pizza pan.
Bake at 450 degrees F for 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle with mozzarella then arrange tomatoes, onion, and peppers over top. Sprinkle with oregano, basil, and parmesan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until onion is tender and cheese is melted. Feed to those who think they don’t like zucchini without telling them about the zucchini. Laugh. Enjoy.
- 8 lbs bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (or more) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions or chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh dill, basil, or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup (about) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (about) corn oil
- plain Greek yogurt
Toss zucchini and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Transfer to sieve. Press out excess liquid; place zucchini in dry bowl. Mix in egg, yolk, 1/2 cup flour, cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix in parsley, onions, and dill. If batter is very wet, add more flour by spoonfuls.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons corn oil in large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls into skillet. Fry patties until golden, 5 minutes per side, adding more olive oil and corn oil as needed. Transfer to paper towels. Can be made 1 day ahead. Place on baking sheet, cover, and chill. Rewarm uncovered in 350 degrees F oven 12 minutes. Serve with yogurt.